Friday, January 25, 2008

chicken soup, again?

I am cold.

When I get cold, I crave soup.

Lately, with all the ear infections, and virus/colds that my children have been sharing with each other, I have been making lots of soup.

Chicken soup. I have tried a few different versions of chicken soup, discovering what tastes the yummiest. I prefer using the whole bird...the meat is much more tender. I like the carrots and celery chopped slightly big and I love adding noodles. So, that is what we have eaten all week. Do you think it really has a healing effect on colds?

No matter, it feels good ..AAACHOO!!....
don't mind me.
What is your favorite soup recipe... you know, the kind that you crave on a wet and cold day?

2 comments:

Laura H. said...

chicken tortilla soup with fresh stock and chicken pulled from a whole bird (just like you like it!) -- not to mention home-baked tortilla strips and lots of veggies!

~pen~ said...

the herb my husband used in his chicken soup (when we still had the restaurant) is tarragon. just enough fresh tarragon and it gives it a wonderful flavor.

soup is comfort food to me, my favorite, hands down. any kind that is homemade and if you add a grilled cheese sandwich (which are making a comeback, i hear), i am in heaven :)